"A Pal for Gary" is the second segment of the 132nd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Feeling that Gary the Snail is lonely when he goes to work SpongeBob gets him a companion, which he names Puffy Fluffy. Unfortunately, Puffy Fluffy is actually a monster that turns ferocious when SpongeBob isn't looking.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Heroes of Bikini Bottom
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Complete Seventh Season
- In real life, nudibranchs (sea slugs) are worm-like creatures. However, in this episode, they are portrayed as fluffy fish. (This is until Puffy Fluffy turned into a vicious monster.)
- Puffy Fluffy tries to eat SpongeBob, which is appropriate since real nudibranchs eat sponges.
- There is an online game based on this episode titled "Gary's Revenge", which itself is based on the game, Angry Birds.
- This episode has a phone that is not a "shellphone."
- This episode reveals that the garage in SpongeBob's house is located behind the living room.
- The theme of getting a pet from a mysterious old person that is potentially dangerous, a cute creature becoming a monster, and a good pet destroying the monster parodies Gremlins.
- The container that the chips that Gary eats are in are similar to the Pringles' can.
- Throughout most of the movie or TV show, the cowboy fish is his normal design, but in the last scene that is shown, he is purple with a blue fin.
- It is unknown why the fire log was lit in SpongeBob's library when SpongeBob was sleeping in his bedroom and there was nobody to watch over it.
- Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob to come in five hours early at work, so he should have woken up at 4 a.m. instead of 9 a.m.
- SpongeBob calls the book, "Five memoirs of T.S. Halibut," but the cover says, "Memories of T.S. Halibut."
- Squidward and Patrick's houses are missing from the scene where Puffy Fluffy runs off into the distance away from SpongeBob's house.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|