"A Sucker For the Suck-O-Matic" is the first segment of the eighth episode of Rocko's Modern Life.
Rocko is frustrated with his old vacuum cleaner, which suddenly dies and spews all over the house. Rocko and Heffer then see a commercial for the Suck-O-Matic, and they immediately order it. When Rocko opens the box, they find that it looks drastically different from how it looked on TV. After trying out some functions, the Suck-O-Matic goes out of control, and they try to shut if off, only to find out it has a mind of its own. When they attempt to read how to turn off the Suck-O-Matic, it sucks up the instructions. The Suck-O-Matic gets choked up after sucking some gunk out of Rocko, Heffer, and Spunky's mouths. Heffer finds a Barbacue Potato Chip from 1973 stuck in its throat. It comes back alive and sucks Heffer into it, eventually taking Rocko, Spunky, and the entire house. Rocko and Heffer are then shown watching the Labot-O-Shop network from inside the Suck-O-Matic.
Home video releases
- Rocko's Modern Life: Machine Madness (both versions)
- The Best of Rocko's Modern Life - Volume 1
- Rocko's Modern Life: Season 1
- Out of the Vault Collection
- Creator Joe Murray originally wrote this episode as the pilot, but Nickelodeon thought that Heffer would be too weird a character for test audiences, so instead of removing Heffer from the episode, Murray decided to write "Trash-O-Madness" as the pilot episode instead.