Albert is Nickelodeon's first original made-for-TV animated movie, which aired on December 9, 2016. It had an additional airing on Nicktoons, one day later.
PlotThe movie centers on Albert, a small Douglas fir tree, as he sets out on an adventure to become the most famous Christmas tree in Empire City. When the search for this year’s tree is announced, Albert believes he has found his calling and hits the road with his two best friends, Maisie (Zamata), the persistently positive palm tree, and Gene (Friedlander) the abrasive and blisteringly honest weed, to fulfill his destiny. With a few prickly situations along the way, and Cactus Pete (Riggle) out to stop him, Albert learns the true meaning of Christmas.
- Bobby Moynihan as Albert, a small Douglas fir tree which makes hopes about being the Empire City's Christmas tree. His main friends are Maisie and Gene.
- Sasheer Zamata as Maisie, a female, positive palm tree.
- Judah Friedlander as Gene, an abrasive and blisteringly honest weed.
- Cheri Oteri as a news correspondent
- Rob Riggle as Cactus Pete, a cactus which hates Christmas, as this times means replacement of his honor with the tree one, and especially Albert.
- Tom Kenny as additional voices
- Breanna Yde as Molly, Earth Mama’s granddaughter.
- John DiMaggio as Donny, Molly's father.
- Mary Pat Gleason as Earth Mama, the owner and caretaker of the nursery.
Aaron and Will Eisenberg, the film's screenwriters, have written a book based on the movie, Albert: The Little Tree with Big Dreams, to anticipate the premiere of the film.