"All That Glitters" is the first segment of the 72nd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
During an intense day at work a customer ordered a monster Krabby Patty and SpongeBob feels shocked. As a result, Spat is crushed and smashed by SpongeBob starts crying like crazy. With his favorite kitchen implement out of commission, SpongeBob searches for a temporary replacement (even though he thought death fate spatula could replace Spat.) SpongeBob finds "Le Spatula", the latest in state-of-the-art cooking tool. The sleek and modern Le Spatula dazzles SpongeBob so completely that he will do anything to own one. But will this fancy gadget fill the void that was left by his old trusty spatula? After selling everything, SpongeBob attains Le Spatula from the man from the store. He shows him off to Mr. Krabs, and, later, before he flips a patty, he refuses. He says it is disgusting, and that he and SpongeBob aren't friends at all. He then suddenly grows robotic legs and runs off. Mr. Krabs confronts SpongeBob, and SpongeBob runs off to the hospital, where old Spat lays. He suddenly runs out of life as SpongeBob watches, and SpongeBob cries in agony. Then a doctor appears, and, after some conversation, tells him that's not his spatula, and that Spat is in the infirmary. SpongeBob runs over to Spat, but Spat turns away from SpongeBob. SpongeBob cries he's sorry for buying Le Spatula, claiming it was his moment of weakness. SpongeBob rolls in a fit of tears as he goes back to the Krusty Krab. He cries in the kitchen, but suddenly, he hears patties flipping, and sees Spat flipping Krabby Patties on the grill, and he cries in joy. Apparently, he forgave him. Suddenly, another Monster Krabby is ordered. The two try to hopefully succeed in flipping it. Suddenly, SpongeBob's arms break off. He ends up laughing, and the episode is over.
- The store owner, Fred, who sells the spatula is dressed the same way when he offered Mr. Krabs one million dollars for the soda drink hat in One Krabs Trash, which could indicate that he is wealthy.
- When the hands dump the Monster Krabby Patty onto the grill, it's dumped on top of Krabby Patties already being prepared.
- It's unknown whether the person who first ordered the Monster Krabby Patty ever got his order.
- SpongeBob is laughed at for being nude, despite that fact that many citizens of Bikini Bottom wear revealing clothes or no clothes at all, like Squidward.
- Neither the doctor (actor) nor Spat cared about SpongeBob being nude.
- This episode re-aired with "Squidtastic Voyage" for its premiere.
- When SpongeBob breaks the fourth wall, it is a parody of Shakespeare's play of the same name.
- This episode was originally titled "Obession".
- SpongeBob's spatula was wrecked before, and he didn't get upset over it.
- SpongeBob's spatula seems to be alive in this episode.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Whale of a Birthday
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 4th Season