Back at the Barnyard is a Nickelodeon CGI animated show spun off from the 2006 film Barnyard. The series premiered on September 29, 2007. The show was produced by Omation Animation Studio, in association with Nickelodeon Animation Studios. In February 2008, Nickelodeon renewed the show for a second season consisting of 24 episodes.
On January 22, 2010, Nickelodeon ordered 16 more episodes extending it to a third season. In March 2011, the show was in hiatus. The hiatus stopped in August 2011 when they announced the remaining episodes would air on NickToons starting on September 12, 2011. The show concluded on December 30, 2016 with 52 episodes aired.
Reruns aired on Nicktoons until September 24, 2017. Two years later, there was a marathon for the show on NickRewind on January 23, 2019, in which it was the first show on the block to have episodes that originally aired in the 2010s. Five months later, the show returned to Nicktoons from June 22, 2019 until August 31, 2019. In February 2020, it returned to Nicktoons again reruns continued to aired.
The plot generally revolves around Otis, a bull and his barnyard friends. Otis wants to goof around, but has to be responsible and protect the inhabitants of the farm. He and his friends Pip, a mouse, Pig (a pig), Peck (a rooster), Freddy, a ferret, Abby, a cow, Duke (a dog) and Bessy (a cow) have many crazy adventures, while at the same time help Otis protect the farm.
Otis and his friends have to overtake many obstacles like Mrs. Beady trying to prove that animals can talk, and goals like to distract the farmer, so they can party every week. Frequently, the gang's fun is interrupted by Mrs. Beady, a woman obsessed with showing the world that the animals can walk and talk so they can "be paraded around the world in cages like the freaks you are!" The gang's other nemesis is Snotty Boy, Mrs. Beady's obese teen nephew who enjoys torturing the animals. The animals dress up like people when out in public, though nobody ever notices except Mrs. Beady.
- Chris Hardwick as Otis
- Jeff Garcia as Pip
- Tino Insana as Pig
- Leigh-Allyn Baker as Abby
- Cam Clarke as Freddy
- Rob Paulsen as Peck
- Dom Irrera as Duke
- Wanda Sykes as Bessy
- Maria Bamford as Mrs. Beady
- Steve Oedekerk as Snotty Boy / Nathan Beady
- Fred Tatasciore as Farmer Buyer
- S. Scott Bullock as Eddy
- Maurice LaMarche as Iggy
- John DiMaggio as Bud
- → Main article: Back at the Barnyard episode list
|Season||Episodes||First airdate||Last airdate|
|Season 1||26||September 29, 2007||September 26, 2008|
|Season 2||26||February 25, 2009||December 30, 2016|
Home video releases
- → Main article: Back at the Barnyard videography
- Nickelodeon (original run September 29, 2007-December 30, 2016, reruns (November 13, 2011-November 11, 2012)
- NickToons (September 29, 2007-present)
- NickRewind (January 23-26, 2019, February 4, 2019-present)
- Press Release
- WikiBarn, the Barnyard Wiki
- Nickstory Archives: Back at the Barnyard
- NickToons: G.L.O.B.E. Archives: Back at the Barnyard
- Mark Beam - Character Design / Associate Producer
- Back at the Barnyard at the Internet Movie Database