"Boat Smarts" is the second segment of the 84th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
The episode is presented as a training video titled Boat Smarts With Mrs. Puff, which is presented by the group C.O.B.B.U.T.K.S.B.S.P.O.T.R.A.O.O.B.A.T. (Citizens of Bikini Bottom United to Keep SpongeBob SquarePants Off the Road and out of Boats All Together) Mrs. Puff introduces the video and discusses the good and bad drivers, using Squidward as an example of the one with Boat Smarts, and SpongeBob as the one without boat smarts, before going through the following lesson.
- A driver with boat smarts fills their tire up to the appropriate level, while a driver without boat smarts pays no attention to how much air he/she is using. Squidward fills it up enough. Yet SpongeBob fills it up to much, making the wheel tip over and the air blows out, crushing half of Squidward's boat and having the wheel pop right in front of his face.
- The next lesson, "Buckling Up", shows Squidward in a boat mobile holding the wheel. The camera zooms in closer and it shows Squidward with his seatbelt in the proper manner. He then starts driving until he sees a Bikini Bottom Traffic lights and he stops. Once Squidward stops, SpongeBob crazily speeding around a corner with no regard for safety and possibly with no seatbelt on. He hits Squidward who goes flying into a steamroller. He gets severely hurt. A driver with boat smarts uses a seatbelt to avoid serious injury, unlike one without boat smarts.
- The next lesson, "Adjusting Mirrors", shows Squidward adjusting his mirrors before he begins to start the boat mobile. SpongeBob adjusts his mirror dangerously while driving with one leg. He hits many fish, although he does not know because he is focusing on the mirror. He then swerves in front of Squidward and Squidward yells at him about using the mirror. SpongeBob adjusts the other mirror and hits Squidward with a beam of light and he is blinded until he puts on sunglasses. But Squidward sees a wall and crashes. It shows a crash dummy although instead of the head. it shows Squidward's. A driver with boat smarts adjusts his/her mirrors before driving, while the other does it while driving.
Then Mrs. Puff is seen in Squidward's boat mobile talking about paying attention to the road. Squidward drives well. She explains how Squidward's eyes are locked on the road. Then SpongeBob swerving while eating a Krabby Patty and reading. He also shaves and is blinded by the white froth, thus making people crash. When some fish crashes, SpongeBob says: "Hi there!" and turns around making even more people crash. Eventually there is a huge stockpile of cars and the owners are very angry. SpongeBob still speeds past, runs over a puddle and slides around. SpongeBob then greets Squidward and Mrs. Puff and his boat mobile slips on a mini pebble, strangely making his boat mobile act as a ramp in which Squidward's boat mobile travel over. They fly into the big stockpile of all the cars (the fish run away) and it makes a huge crash. Mrs. Puff blows up very fat and SpongeBob drives past, remarking that they "forgot [their] Boat Smarts!" and drives off, making dust and the low quality recorder stops playing.
- This is the second episode to be designed as a training video, the first being "Krusty Krab Training Video".
- At the part where Squidward gets hit by the brick wall, they're showing Squidward's head with a black and white circle on it. (He was a crash dummy.)
- The scene where SpongeBob says "Whee!" is a possible reference to Wooldoor Sockbat on Drawn Together, since Wooldoor's behavior and attitude parodies SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob is shaving but before it appeared that he did not have a beard, plus SpongeBob does not grow facial hair anyway, as shown in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Boat Smarts. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|