When Plankton, Karen and SpongeBob throw a party, SpongeBob gets shown a copy machine. Plankton puts the copier on "Scan" and it scans SpongeBob. He clicks print and makes a SpongeBob clone the next day and then he colors the tie blue with a marker. Then the next day, at the krusty krab, the copy walks over to the real SpongeBob and they work for Mr. Krabs. Squidward goes crazy because he thinks he's dreaming. So he beats up the customers and Krabs. Plankton makes 305 more clones to ask for the formula but then after they find out what it is twice, one of them turn into a light gray hue. Next, it rolled up into the shape of a burrito and then vanished in mid-air. The same happens with all the other clones. Squidward comes back and then squishes Plankton and he says "Right on my keys." and the episode ends.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on April 18, 2016.
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "SpongeBob LongPants," which was also written by Kaz. The next day, it was paired with "Larry's Gym."
- This episode marks Karen's first speaking role since The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, although her first new appearance was a cameo in "Mall Girl Pearl."
- This is the first episode to have a title card with the title being repeated more than twice.
- The SpongeBob copy that disappears when SpongeBob hugs him and yells, "No! Don't disappear!" is most likely Me Three, as he faded after Me Two, but before all the other copies.
- This is the first time Patrick appears in an episode, without him communicating with Spongebob, even though he was playing with SpongeCopies.
- This episode also confirms, as of this episode, Plankton has no children.
- This episode must take place before "Married to Money" because in that episode, Mr. Krabs claimed he never told anyone the secret formula, and in this episode he had no problem telling the SpongeCopy's the secret formula. Or this could simply be a continuity error, or Mr. Krabs lied to Cashina.
- In the scene where a bunch of clones march out of the Chum Bucket to the Krusty Krab, it is a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- Patrick's line, "Life is nothing but a walking shadow", is a reference to "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare.
- During the scene where Squidward attempts to fly, the Krusty Krab clam sign is missing.
- When SpongeBob and CopyBob first walk into the Krusty Krab, the cup behind Squidward on the boat is not there, but then appears after the fish orders.
- Also, at the same time, one of CopyBob's eyelashes has a different color, as well as part of his left eye.
- The Hat Rack also disappears.
- The location of Karen's wheels change throughout the episode. Occasionally they are beneath the lower platform, but sometimes they also appear outside the lower platform, like in other episodes.
- Karen's buttons are pale blue in this episode, in almost every other episode they are red.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|