| "And now, a look into your future."|
This article is about a Nickelodeon show, movie, episode, or product that has not yet premiered or been released. Information may change as the release date nears.
According to Deadline, the series will feature SpongeBob and his pals spending the summer "building underwater campfires, catching wild jellyfish, and swimming in Lake Yuckymuck at the craziest camp in the kelp forest, Kamp Koral."
- This is the first new entry in the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise announced after Stephen Hillenburg's passing in November 2018. Hillenburg himself was strongly against spin-offs, crossovers, and "aging down" the characters. This has resulted in extremely negative backlash from fans and some staff members of the show, as well as petitions to get the show (and the other spin-off projects) cancelled.
- In some of the interviews with Stephen Hillenburg, he recalled that that he was planning to "walk out" completely on Nickelodeon when they demanded that SpongeBob be a school-aged child, "like Hey Arnold! under the sea." He was about to abandon the idea for a full series when he came up with a compromise (putting SpongeBob in a boat driving school so he could remain an adult-aged character).
- In response to the criticism towards the spin-off, executive Ramsey Naito. said in a interview that the idea for Kamp Koral came from Hillenburg himself shortly before his passing. However, this still doesn't explain if he meant Kamp Koral as a location in The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge or as a spin-off TV series.
- Vincent Waller told a fan on Twitter the show would premiere in 2020.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 'SpongeBob SquarePants' CG-Animated Prequel Series 'Kamp Koral' Greenlighted By Nickelodeon
- ↑ Stephen Hillenburg, artist and animator
- ↑ TBI Vision interview
- ↑ Weiss, Tara (2019-11-07). RAMSEY NAITO ON BRINGING NEW VOICES TO NICKELODEON ANIMATION STUDIOS. Viacom. Retrieved on 2019-11-07.Interview With Ramsey Naito
| "Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article is a stub. You can help Nickipedia by expanding it.