| "And now, a look into your future."|
This article is about a Nickelodeon show, movie, episode, or product that has not yet premiered or been released. Information may change as the release date nears.
Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years is the first spin-off series based on SpongeBob SquarePants. It was confirmed by Nickelodeon on June 4, 2019. It will be executive produced by Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller.
The spin-off is using designs and elements from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
According to Deadline, the series will feature SpongeBob and his pals spending the summer "building underwater campfires, catching wild jellyfish, and swimming in Lake Yuckymuck at the craziest camp in the kelp forest, Kamp Koral."
- This is the first new entry in the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise announced after Stephen Hillenburg's passing in November 2018.
- Hillenburg himself was said to be against "aging down" the characters. This has resulted in extremely negative backlash from fans and some former staff members of Nickelodeon.
- In some of the interviews with Stephen Hillenburg, he recalled that when he first pitched the show, the higher-ups at Nick said they would only green light the show if he changed SpongeBob and his friends into kids. Steve was strongly against this executive meddling because it went against his creative vision and was about to quit Nickelodeon, until he came up with a compromise, which was putting SpongeBob in a boat driving school, so he could remain an adult-aged character.
- On April 4, 2020, Vincent Waller stated that the series premiere will likely be pushed back to a later date, due to COVID-19 preventing several animation studios from being open. On the same day, Waller also confirmed that the series is being animated in India.
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/07/spongebob-squarepants-spinoff-kamp-koral-shifts-to-cbs-all-access-as-nickelodeon-library-shows-arrive-1202998734/
- ↑ https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/spongebob-squarepants-kamp-koral-patches-comic-con
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'SpongeBob SquarePants' CG-Animated Prequel Series 'Kamp Koral' Greenlighted By Nickelodeon
- ↑ Stephen Hillenburg, artist and animator
- ↑ TBI Vision interview
| "Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article is a stub. You can help Nickipedia by expanding it.