|It's a bighorn!
Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years (also referred to as just, Kamp Koral in it’s title) is the first spin-off series based on SpongeBob SquarePants. It was confirmed by Nickelodeon on June 4, 2019. It is executive produced by Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller.
The spin-off uses designs and elements from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run. It features SpongeBob and his pals spending the summer "building underwater campfires, catching wild jellyfish, and swimming in Lake Yuckymuck at the craziest camp in the kelp forest, Kamp Koral."
It was announced that the show will have 13 additional episodes with the second season having 13 episodes.
- SpongeBob SquarePants is a ten-year-old sea sponge who is the most enthusiastic camper at Kamp Koral.
- Patrick Star is SpongeBob's best friend and bunkmate.
- Squidward Tentacles is slightly older than the other campers. He is practicing to be a junior counselor.
- Mr. Krabs is the camp director who spends his time taking care of his baby daughter Pearl.
- Pearl Krabs is a baby whale who lives with Mr. Krabs in their cabin.
- Sandy Cheeks is a squirrel from land who joins the camp by living in an enclosed glass treehouse.
- Mrs. Puff is the scoutmaster and arts-and-crafts teacher of the camp.
- Sheldon J. Plankton is a camp chef who secretly has a lab full of inventions.
- Karen Plankton is Plankton's assistant, a talking calculator who moves around in a pink rollerskate boot.
- Gary the Snail is a stray snail who befriends SpongeBob and becomes his pet.
New characters also appear, such as a pair of narwhals named Narlene and Nobby.
- This is the first new entry in the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise announced after Stephen Hillenburg's passing in November 2018.
- Hillenburg himself was said to be against "aging down" the characters. This has resulted in extremely negative backlash from fans and some former staff members of Nickelodeon.
- In some of the interviews with Stephen Hillenburg, he recalled that when he first pitched the show, the higher-ups at Nick said they would only green light the show if he changed SpongeBob and his friends into kids. Steve was strongly against this executive meddling because it went against his creative vision and was about to quit Nickelodeon, until he came up with a compromise, which was putting SpongeBob in a boat driving school, so he could remain an adult-aged character.
- On April 4, 2020, Vincent Waller stated that the series premiere will likely be pushed back to a later date, due to COVID-19 preventing several animation studios from being open. On the same day, Waller also confirmed that the series is being animated in India.
- 'SpongeBob SquarePants' CG-Animated Prequel Series 'Kamp Koral' Greenlighted By Nickelodeon
- Stephen Hillenburg, artist and animator
- TBI Vision interview
|"Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article doesn't contain enough information. If you know anything about Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years,