The episode starts with a crane being lowered, looking as though the load is going to go onto a boat, but it goes into the sea instead. SpongeBob and Gary are looking at clouds, until they see the box full of fortune cookies, before it lands on SpongeBob. Gary realizes that it is not a cloud, and decide to look inside where they find many fortune cookies. SpongeBob tries it with one of them, as does Gary, before coming to the conclusion that they can indeed accurately predict the future.
SpongeBob then takes them to the Krusty Krab where he tries to convince Mr. Krabs to give them away with every purchase. Mr. Krabs quickly shuts him down by remarking "Even the smiles here cost a nickel." Squidward backs him up by saying that they are lame and that fortune cookies never come true. SpongeBob tells Squidward to try one, and when he opens it, it says "You will be rewarded for your particular talents." Squidward is presumably about to say how that will not happen before he wins the "most miserable cashier in Bikini Bottom" contest. He gets a cash prize, although Mr. Krabs takes it.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on April 18, 2016.
- This is the first episode in production order to use the HD version of the title sequence. ("Eek, An Urchin!", a later episode using the HD intro, aired before this.)
- This episode premiered in Israel six years after "The Cent of Money" premiered and one year after The Adventures of SpongeBob SquarePants DVD was released in the United Kingdom.
- This is Mama Krab's first appearance since Season 6's "Spongicus".
- This episode was rumored to premiere on May 7, 2016, but it did not premiere on that date. The episode officially premiered in both Israel and the United States 2 months later in July 2016.
- This is the first episode to use a CGI model of the Bikini Atoll island.
- The beginning of this episode is similar to "Frankendoodle," in which something falls down into Bikini Bottom.
- This episode takes place before "Have You Seen This Snail?" and possibly "Born to Be Wild" because this is the episode that Lenny and Mable-Monica fall in love and in "Have You Seen This Snail?", they are shown to be dating or married.
- Karen was also at Mr. Krabs' funeral.
- The title is a reference to the phrase "fame and fortune" and the Elvis Presley song of the same name.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs enter the Krusty Krab, the doors are missing.
- When opening a fortune cookie, the fortune shouldn’t be eaten, the cookie does. This happened at the ending where Plankton falls out of a fortune cookie, and the person is trying to eat the fortune.
- Although, they might have thought Plankton was part of the fortune cookie.
- In the scene right after SpongeBob takes Plankton's fortune cookies, Lenny is shown without his suit on in the wide shot, but in the shot, where Squidward asks for a break, Lenny is wearing his suit.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|