In 1999, it was announced that two made-for-TV films would premiere on Nickelodeon the next year. Both of them were produced by Frederator Studios and Nickelodeon Animation Studios. The animation was outsourced to Rough Draft Korea.
Globehunters: An Around the World in 80 Days Adventure debuted as a part of Nickelodeon Sunday Movie Toons in late 2002. Loosely based on Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, the plot follows a trio of genetic animals, a gorilla named Eddie, a Cheetah named Sasha, and a parrot named Trevor, who decide to escape a laboratory and travel the world in hopes of finding a place known as Himalaya USA. Meanwhile, a hunter is tasked with catching the animals within a period of eighty days – before the tracking devices attached to the latter self-destruct.
- Sid Ceasar as Jacob
- Willem Dafoe as Hunter
- Chaka Khan as Marla
- Carl Reiner as Maz
- Lee Cherry as Eddie
- Kenna Ramsey as Sasha
- Brian Beacock as Trevor
- Wally Wingert as Raj Kangaroo
- Dwight Schultz as Dr. Burke
- Quinton Flynn as Dr. Wilkins and Spume
- Pat Musick as a Leopard and the French Newswomen
- Greg Eagles as the Old Lion and a Tiger
- Frank Welker as a Security Guard and the Circus Baboon
The lyrics for the film's songs were written by Emmy Award-winning lyricist John Kavanaugh and Barbara Epstein, the film's executive producer.
The Electric Piper
The Electric Piper: A Pied Piper Adventure allegedly ended up airing three years after its supposed air date. As it was never released on home video or aired again, it was considered lost for over a decade. On August 9, 2016, a complete copy was uploaded on YouTube.
The Electric Piper is a modern retelling of the Pied Piper of Hamelin story, featuring Sly, a 1960s era rock guitarist modeled after Jimi Hendrix, who uses his guitar to rid the suburban town of Hamelin of its rats. Denied his payment by the town, Sly lures the town's children into a mountain.
- ↑ FORECAST SAYS: RADIO CITY FUN. New York Daily News (1999-11-08). Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ Dinosaur Island ; Globehunters: an around the world in 80 days adventure (DVD video, 2002). WorldCat. Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ Movies. Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ Resume. Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ GlobeHunters: An Around The World In 80 Days Adven. MGM Movie Database. Archived from the original on 2004-01-11. Retrieved on 2019-07-24.
- ↑ Seibert, Fred (2002-12-13). We're proud of our first movie.. The Frederator Studios Blog. Retrieved on 2019-07-13.
- ↑ Titles in document V9951D295. Copyright Catalog (2018-04-09). Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ Globehunters. Retrieved on 2019-07-24.
- ↑ Globehunters: An Around The World in Eighty Days Adventure. Retrieved on 2019-07-11.
- ↑ Nickelodeon airing "banned" movie on Halloween (October 28, 2011).
| This article is a list.|
You can help Nickipedia by adding missing items.