|Directed by:||Bob Clark|
|Produced by:|| Michael Nolin|
|Written by:|| Jerry Spinelli|
|Release date:||February 23, 2003|
|Running time:||68 minutes|
- Michael Angarano as Jeffrey Lionel "Maniac Magee" Magee
- Kyla Pratt as Amanda Beale
- Orlando Brown as Mars Bar Thompson
- Rip Torn as George McNab
- Adam Hendershott as Big John McNab
- Jada Pinkett Smith as the Narrator and adult Amanda Beale
- Shan Elliot as Bump Gilliam
- Melissa Bickerton as Dottie Freeze
- Brandon de Paul as Russell McNab
- Isaiah Griffin as Piper McNab
- Rolonda Watts as Martha Beale
- Richard Lawson as Mr. Beale
Differences from the book
- Some of the book is cut including when Mars Bar has a conversation with Maniac
- In the book, it ends with Amanda retrieving Jeffrey and telling him to be a permanent resident of the Beale family.
- In the book, Earl Grayson is a big part and character. In the movie, there is no part or appearance of Grayson.
- In the book, Jeffrey's aunt and uncle fought so much that Jeffrey decided to run away.
- ↑ Suzanne MacNeille (February 23, 2003). "FOR YOUNG VIEWERS; History Isn't a Matter of Black or White ". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/23/tv/for-young-viewers-history-isn-t-a-matter-of-black-or-white.html. Retrieved on 2016-03-12.