"Nature Pants" is the first segment of the ninth episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
At work, SpongeBob daydreams of living with the jellyfish. He accidentally starts a fire, and a fireman runs in and turns on the hose. SpongeBob is in the way, thus fills up with water and falls on the fire, putting it out. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob why he was not concentrating, and SpongeBob explains that he wishes to live in the wild. He moves to Jellyfish Fields, and gives Patrick mayonnaise, old phone books, and his special jellyfishing net, "Ol' Reliable". He even takes off all his clothes, except his shoes. SpongeBob tries to fit in with the jellyfish, but just can't get the hang of it. A crazed and heartbroken Patrick tries to catch him with Ol' Reliable while jellyfishing, but fails when SpongeBob jumps into the jellyfish hive, where he takes to eating the jelly inside. Upon the swarm's return, SpongeBob greets them in a friendly manner, but is then repeatedly stung and chased into a cave by them. Disheartened, but not giving up yet, SpongeBob tries to sleep in a cave, using a fern as a blanket, but ultimately ends up getting covered in poison sea urchins (apparently the underwater equivalent of mosquitoes, but do not "fly"). Finally deciding that the wild isn't as good as he thought, SpongeBob returns to Bikini Bottom and, after seeing Sandy's Treedome and the Krusty Krab, realizes his mistake; he had a great life and friends, and gave it all up. Upon his return to the pineapple, he is greeted with a massive "Welcome Home" party, the others apparently having been expecting him. All is forgiven, SpongeBob puts his clothes back on, and everyone group-hugs (Squidward is forced to). However, the poison sea urchin bacteria spreads, and everyone except SpongeBob becomes itchy.
- This is the first SpongeBob episode where the 11-minute runtime is referenced. After SpongeBob leaves, Sandy says she'll give him a week to come back, but Squidward says "I'll give him eleven minutes." It's also the series' first fourth-wall break.
- During the initial scene in the Krusty Krab, the grill is shown facing the opposite side of the window. This also occurs in "Your Shoe's Untied."
- This is the second episode featuring SpongeBob in the nude, but he still wears shoes, like in Model Sponge.
- Only one scene takes place in SpongeBob's House.
- Some people recall SpongeBob acting like Tarzan in a scene when it premiered. That mysterious scene was probably just confusion with the episode "The Paper ."
- This is the only episode where jellyfish live in a hive.
- This is another episode where there is fire underwater, which is impossible.
- Ol' Reliable is seen once again.
- Sandy's Acorn Logo is just three dots in this episode.
- Patrick is shown to not be a good actor as he said a stage direction, "take bite", out loud. This probably wasn't an accidental failure, just showing how dumb Patrick is.
- Patrick intends to put SpongeBob on display.*Patrick can stick to the top of the stone arch because he's a starfish.
- The jellyfish hive appears to be smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside.
- The sideview of the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob was walking to it was wrong, it was a long length version of the restaurant with the (KK) Logo at the end of it, the restaurant should have been shorter.
- The fire extinguisher disappears after the fire is put out.
- When the giant snail meows, the original captions say "Wow!".
- Sandy's head is smaller than it usually is.
- Sandy shouldn't have felt the Sea Urchins because she is in her underwater suit.
- Encyclopedia SpongeBobia: Nature Pants
- "Nature Pants" at the Internet Movie Database
- Nature Pants at TV.com
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Nature Pants. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|