"Naughty Nautical Neighbors" is the first segment of the fourth episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Squidward has made a very good soufflé, but SpongeBob and Patrick's laughing distracts him from enjoying it. Squidward sees they're having a private conversation with bubbles. They whisper a message into the bubble wand instead of blowing into it, and when the bubble pops, the message can be heard. Annoyed, Squidward makes bubbles of his own, imitating SpongeBob and Patrick, but insulting them both. Thinking the bubbles are from each other, SpongeBob and Patrick become angry and get into a fight, eventually declaring that they are no longer friends. Squidward comes outside and eats his soufflé while laughing, but in doing so chokes on the fork. Patrick saves his life by performing CPR on him (which is basically blowing him up and as the air comes out, the fork can be seen spluttering in between his lips) and becomes Squidward's friend. Inside Squidward's house Patrick falls asleep while Squidward plays a composition called "Solitude in E Minor" on his clarinet, and Squidward pulls him outside. While doing this, he sprains his back, and SpongeBob sees this as an opportunity to help him. He bumps into Squidward's back and thus becomes Squidward's friend. Inside, SpongeBob plays a song (badly) for Squidward on his Double Bass (which he thinks is a bassinet) and when Patrick appears in the window and interrupts the song, SpongeBob destroys the instrument in a fit of rage, and Squidward kicks him out. Squidward then tries to take a bath but Patrick is in the tub. SpongeBob appears in the window and sees this, and he and Patrick begin arguing again, driving Squidward crazy. Squidward decides to invite Patrick and SpongeBob to a dinner party (without telling either of them that the other is coming) in order to repair their friendship. When they arrive, they are still mad at each other. Squidward tries to get them back together, but the situation devolves into a competition to see who can drink the most soda and thus become Squidward's best friend. Squidward runs out of soda and leaves to get some more. While he is gone, SpongeBob and Patrick, who have become literally inflated from all the soda, begin to hiccup small bubbles that make a burping sound when they burst. They find this amusing and become friends again, but they create so many bubbles that Squidward's house explodes. Squidward orders them out and slams the door, which then falls over on him, moaning "Oh, my back" as the episode ends.
- In this episode, Gary's shell is smaller than usual.
- Even though the party was deemed a "dinner party", there was no actual food served at the party. Just soda.
- When Squidward returns to his house just as it is destroyed, he has a grocery bag and keys. Afterwards, the bag and keys disappear.
- When SpongeBob appears in Squidward's bathroom through his ear window, the window has no glass. In addition, in the next shot, which shows the outside of Squidward's house, SpongeBob is not there, and the ear windows aren't even visible.
- When SpongeBob is looking at Patrick and Squidward out the window, SpongeBob's eyelashes and holes are missing.
- As Patrick and Squidward are walking into Squidward's house, his back window has no glass.
- Squidward's "Solitude in E Minor" is actually in concert F major.
- When SpongeBob asks Squidward for an 'A', Squidward actually plays him a concert B flat or a C written for the clarinet.
- SpongeBob said he was playing bassinet for years. However, a bassinet is a type of cradle. SpongeBob was actually playing a double bass, or a contrabass.
- Patrick's barbecue grill appears again in "The Card".
- Patrick will insult SpongeBob's yellow skin color once again in "The Fry Cook Games", and in "Once Bitten".
- The room of SpongeBob's house seen in this episode is completely empty and dark.
- When SpongeBob wanted to fix Squidward's back, the second time Squidward said: "No, Get away!", his neck was twisted many times.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeGuard on Duty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 1st Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeGuard on Duty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Naughty Nautical Neighbors. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|