Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island is the first sequel to the 2005 video game Nicktoons Unite!. Players assume the role of up to six playable characters from Danny Phantom, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Fairly OddParents. The plot involves Danny Phantom, SpongeBob SquarePants, Timmy Turner (with Cosmo and Wanda), Patrick Star, Sam Manson, and Sandy Cheeks to protect the island from an all-new villain named Mawgu. Tucker Foley, Squidward Tentacles, and Jimmy Neutron also appear, but only as support and are non-playable.
It was followed by Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots a year later.
On a distant dimension, three abnormally large crabs perform a ritual of "The Nine" saying that they will come on that day to stop The Mawgu. But Mawgu stops the ritual, scattering the heroes. Danny and SpongeBob falls from the sky with The Wise Old Crab, and The Crab explains that their enemy, The Mawgu, has escaped from his prison and created a terrible ooze which corrupts everything it touches. But the prophecies say that The Chosen Ones will save them. The Crab trains them and tells the heroes to follow him so that he can direct them to camp. The heroes stop various enemies, and then find Patrick.
They then go Shipwreck Cliff and rescue Tucker from repeatedly regurgitating penguins.
Then they are given the mission to find "The Three-Headed Boy" (Timmy). They find Timmy and stop giant, grouchy crabs. Timmy has a Jimmy communicator (which he got since many random things were falling from the sky), but doesn't have batteries. They are then sent to destroy The Great Carapace, a giant sand monster with a wooden shell. They destroy the shell and push the monster into the waterfall by using catapults. They are then rewarded with a jewel, which was the battery for the communicator. They talk to Jimmy, and Jimmy explains that Mawgu is using a Rip in Time and Space to steal energy from all the worlds and keep it all for himself. Then Jimmy sends Tucker plans for the Neutronic Rip-Zipper. It recovers all the energy Mawgu stole and closes the Rip. The parts they need for the device are scattered across the Island. After the Nicktoons gain all three Rip-Zipper pieces, they go in the Volcano, and find The Mawgu, which transports them between Time and Space. Danny and SpongeBob use blasters to push Mawgu in the direction to where the Rip is, then Tucker blasts the Rip- Zipper on Mawgu, sealing the Rip with him inside. Then, the heroes all go home, with a wall of their faces shown behind them to commemerate their victory.
These are the characters the player can take control of.
- Danny Phantom
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Timmy Turner
- Patrick Star (console & GBA exclusive)
- Sam Manson (console exclusive)
- Sandy Cheeks (console exclusive)
- The Wise Old Crab
- The Queen of the Myrmecs (console exclusive)
- The Mawgu: The main antagonist of the game.
- Great Carapace: A giant sand monster with a giant wooden shell on its back. (console exclusive)
- Mad King Gorge: A king of another clan on the island being controlled by Mawgu's ooze. (console exclusive)
In console version the bonuses are bonus levels and new costumes for the main characters, such as SpongeBob dressed as a pirate, Danny dressed in a hi-tech suit (from episode "Teacher of the Year"), Patrick dressed as a Hawaiian hula dancer, Sam in her formal dance dress (from the episode "Parental Bonding"), Timmy dressed as Crash Nebula and Sandy dressed as a cheerleader.
- David Kaufman - Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom
- Tom Kenny - SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bill Fagerbakke - Patrick Star
- Rickey D'Shon Collins - Tucker Foley
- Grey DeLisle - Sam Manson
- Rodger Bumpass - Squidward Tentacles
- Tara Strong - Timmy Turner
- Daran Norris - Cosmo
- Susan Blakeslee - Wanda
- Debi Derryberry - Jimmy Neutron
- Carolyn Lawrence - Sandy Cheeks
- Bill Farmer - The Wise Old Crab, King Gorge, Plant Guard, Crab Refugee 4
- Fred Tatasciore - The Mawgu, Crab Sarge, Plant Bully
- Saffron Henderson - The Queen of the Myrmecs, Crab Follower 1, Crab Refugee 1, Crab Refugee 3
- Amber Hood - Little Crab
- Nolan North - Crab Soldier 1, Crab Soldier 2, Crab Refugee 2
- James Peak - Crab Follower 2, Crab Follower 3, Insect Carrier
- Additional Voices:
- If one looks closely, the robot from the first Nicktoons Unite! game that was used by Plankton can be seen in Level 1 as junk in the background.
- Invader Zim is referenced twice in this game. In Fort Crabclaw, Zim's Voot Runner is seen resting on a tree trunk, and in Summit Storm, his house is seen in the background. This is possibly foreshadowing Zim, GIR, and Dib appearing as playable characters in the later two sequels.
|Characters||Team Phantom||Danny • Sam • Tucker • Jazz|
|Villains||Vlad Masters • Freakshow • Box Ghost • Lunch Lady • Skulker • Nicolai Technus • Desiree • Walker • Penelope Spectra • Aragon • Ember • Youngblood • Johnny 13 • Kitty • Ghost Writer • Fright Knight • Pariah Dark • Dark Danny|
|Others||Jack • Maddie • Mr. Lancer • Valerie • Dash • Paulina • Kwan • Star • Dani • Clockwork • Frostbite|
|Media||Episodes (Seasons: 1 • 2 • 3) • DVDs • The Ultimate Enemy video game • Urban Jungle video game • The Fairly Odd Phantom|
|See also||The Fairly OddParents • T.U.F.F. Puppy • Bunsen is a Beast|
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius|
|Characters||Main characters||Jimmy • Goddard • Carl • Sheen • Cindy • Libby|
|Supporting characters||Hugh • Judy • Nick • Britney • Butch • Betty • Bolbi • Miss Fowl • Sam|
|Villains||King Goobot • Ooblar • Poultra • Yokian Fleet Commander • Finbarr Calamitous • Beautiful Gorgeous • Jimmy Negatron • Eustace|
|Productions||Interstitial shorts • Movie prelude • Movie (Soundtrack • Score) • The Secrets of the Jimmy Neutron Movie • Episodes (Seasons: 1 • 2 • 3) • Video releases • Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast • Planet Sheen (Episodes)|
|Video games||Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius • Vs. Jimmy Negatron • Jet Fusion • Attack of the Twonkies|