|And now, a look into your future
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (formerly Blazing Samurai) is an upcoming animated film loosely inspired by the 1974 comedy film Blazing Saddles. The film features the voices of Michael Cera, Ricky Gervais, George Takei, Gabriel Iglesias, Michelle Yeoh, and Samuel L. Jackson.
After the town of Kakamucho was taken over by cats led by Ika Chu, a warlord (Ricky Gervais), Hank, a newly-appointed sherrif dog (Michael Cera), who dreams of becoming a samurai, must enlist the help of a retired legendary warrior Jimbo (Samuel L. Jackson). The only problem is... cats hate dogs!
- Michael Cera as Hank
- Samuel L. Jackson as Jimbo
- Ricky Gervais as Ika Chu
- Mel Brooks as Shogun
- George Takei as Ohga
- Gabriel Iglesias as Chuck
- Djimon Hounsou as Sumo
- Michelle Yeoh as Yuki
- Kylie Kuioka as Emiko
- Aasif Mandvi as Ichiro
- Cathy Shim as Little Mama
- Rob Minkoff, one of the film's directors, was known for directing films such as The Lion King and Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
- Originally, the story was intended to revolve around a black samurai protecting an East Asian village, but it was changed to center around cats and dogs in an effort to make the story more universal.
- Prior to company's closure in 2016, Arc Productions was originally set to provided the animation.
- ‘Blazing Samurai’ Swaps Title for ‘Paws of Fury’ (Animation Magazine) Date: April 7, 2022. Author: Mercedes Milligan.