Peppa Pig is a British animated series that is shown on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. in the United States. It premiered on May 31, 2004 in the UK. The series focuses on Peppa, a 4-year-old pig who likes jumping in muddy puddles, playing catch, and looking after her little brother George.
- → Main article: Peppa Pig episode list
- This show began airing as interstitial shorts between shows on Noggin and the Nick Jr. Channel from 2008 to sometime around 2011. Later on, the Nick Jr. Channel aired it as a half-hour show.
- There was once an American dub of this show that aired on Cartoon Network’s former Tickle U block in 2005, but it never aired on any Nickelodeon channels (the original British episodes are played instead).
- On most listings of the series, only 7 seasons are shown. On Nickelodeon/ViacomCBS U.S. listings, the show has 9 seasons.
- This is because Nickelodeon and the Nick Jr. Channel air some of the seasons split from each other (Season 3 is split into Seasons 3 and 4, and Season 4 is split into Seasons 5 and 6).
- In addition, all of the episodes from the split seasons (excluding Season 6) are presented in a 4:3 aspect ratio, cropped from 16:9.
- On March 16, 2021, it was announced that the original creators Neville Astley and Mark Baker, along with producer Phil Davies, will leave production in 2023.
- This also means that Astley Baker Davies, the studio that has been producing the series from the start, will leave production that year too. Karrot Entertainment, an animation studio known for producing The Snowy Day for Amazon Prime, will take over production from then on.
- Since 2016, the series has had some episodes air on Nickelodeon and/or the Nick Jr. Channel in the U.S. before anywhere else.
- Originally, none of the characters wore any helmets or seatbelts in the first 2 seasons. In 2009, these episodes were re-animated to include characters wearing them, and since Season 3, episodes have had characters wearing them from the start.
- In the US, the original versions without helmets or seatbelts were seen on Noggin when the show still aired as shorts. An image of Peppa on a bike without a helmet was also seen on a 2011-2012 up next bumper for the show on the Nick Jr. Channel.
|"Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article doesn't contain enough information. If you know anything about Peppa Pig,