SpongeBob wakes up on the morning of the Boating School Picture Day, very excited. He gets up and he does his routine, by "brushing" his teeth, putting on his socks, getting dressed. But, as he leaves, he is dumped in a garbage truck and gets laughed at by a watching Squidward. He goes back and he does his routine over again. He leaves, more cautious this time. But he has a run-in with teenagers and ketchup. He manages to duck them, but is squirted by Old Man Jenkins ketchup. He goes back home for the second time and redos his routine. This time, he uses Sponge Gloss (a pink substance that keeps the user clean similar to lip gloss). As he gets closer to boating school, the sponge gloss gets washed away by a truck full of water. More trucks crashed and covered SpongeBob in stamps, oatmeal and glue. As he is taking another shower, Patrick comes in with a jar full of jelly. Patrick eats it, and then SpongeBob gets an idea. He hides in the jar and successfully gets to Boating School. But Patrick thinks he is jelly and takes him over to the table, where his peanut butter taco is. He dumps SpongeBob on it, unknowing that it is SpongeBob. SpongeBob lands in the taco, all dirty again. As he cries, his teacher, Ms. Puff, comes outside and drags him in kicking and screaming for the picture, despite SpongeBob's protesting. The cameraman puts him in a small green outfit for the picture, but SpongeBob still doesn't smile. The photographer puts a huge mouth of dentures in SpongeBob's mouth and that makes him smile. The episode ends with SpongeBob and Gary looking at the yearbook. He is surrounded by real humans in the yearbook, like in real life, with teeth exactly like SpongeBob's. SpongeBob says, "Look, there I am. I don't look so bad."
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Atlantis SquarePantis
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5 - Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 5th Season
- In the scene where SpongeBob is wearing Spongegloss and sneaks around, the mailbox already had a Spongegloss print on it before SpongeBob moves to it.
- In other episodes, SpongeBob's socks already have the lines, but in this episode he draws them.
- The plot of the episode is very similar to the Recess episode "One Stayed Clean."
- A gag in this episode is that SpongeBob takes a shower with his clothes on. In fact, this is the only time in the entire series when he takes a shower alone. When Patrick comes in and sees SpongeBob, SpongeBob says "Patrick, a little privacy here". If his clothes were on, nothing should be private.
- This is one of the few episodes where Mrs. Puff is nice to SpongeBob.
- The scene where SpongeBob is sprayed with the hose is a reference to the Harmony Korine film Julien Donkey Boy.
- When SpongeBob went back inside his house, he painted two more stripes on each sock, and when he putted on his pants, his socks each had two stripes, and when SpongeBob said, "I'm ready!", his socks each had four stripes again.
- In the scene when the foghorn alarm clock goes off, Gary meows, which isn't audible. This also happened in the episode "Jellyfish Jam".
- When Harold is hit by a ketchup-filled balloon, he is knocked out, but when SpongeBob runs to the hot-dog place, Harold is sitting there eating.