Purple and Brown is a British stop-motion animated short television series devised and directed by Rich Webber and edited by Mike Percival. The series first aired November 2005, on the Nickelodeon's United Kingdom channel, and later became a staple on the American Nickelodeon network as part of its former Nick Extra short program.
The series was devised and is directed by Webber and edited by Percival, who also offer the voices of the characters. The series was initially set to launch on 13 February 2006, on Nickelodeon's channel in the United Kingdom.
Purple and Brown is a creation of Aardman, who are more widely known for animating Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Creature Comforts, Angry Kid and Morph.
The storyline is led by the characters of two clay blob friends, one purple and the other brown, who get caught in ridiculous situations. Purple and Brown don't speak, but they understand everything. Despite any given predicament, the duo can never help but giggle with a low, recognizable laugh.
In 2007, Cartoon Brew offered a mild criticism of Aardman's recent work, but wrote that Purple and Brown marked "a wonderful return to their roots", and that the concept is "beautifully animated and hilariously executed".
- Snowman (2005) - 15 seconds
- Spaghetti (2005) - 19 seconds
- Weewee (2005) - 21 seconds
- Irish Jig (2005) - 54 seconds
- Seagull (2005) - 22 seconds
- Christmas (2005) - 59 seconds
- Big Green Thing (2006) - 1 minute and 2 seconds
- Alien 2 (2006) – 11 seconds
- Magic Ball (2006)
- Beardly (2007) - 11 seconds
- (2007) - 1 minute and 2 seconds
- Balloon (2007) - 22 seconds
- Hammer (2007) - 11 seconds
- Beach Ball (2007) - 12 seconds
- Color (2008) - 7 seconds
- Sun Screen (2008) - 9 seconds
- Paint (2008) - 11 seconds
- Mix Together
- Cheese Heads
- Fire Against Water