Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Rise of the TMNT) is a re-imagining of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, which debuted in September 2018. It was announced by Nickelodeon in a press release on March 2, 2017, and is initially scheduled to run for at least 26 episodes. The new series is co-executive produced by Andy Suriano (character designer for Samurai Jack) and Ant Ward (supervising producer of the 2012–2017 TMNT series).
Cyma Zarghami, President of the Nickelodeon Group, stated about the upcoming show:
- The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans. ’Turtles’ has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore.
The plot for the show is said to be about the four turtles "tapping into mystic ninja powers they never knew existed", while "learn[ing] to work together and navigate the perils of the modern age and hidden realms in order to fulfill their destiny to become a team of heroes".
- Ben Schwartz as Leonardo
- Omar Miller as Raphael
- Josh Brener as Donatello
- Brandon Mychal Smith as Michelangelo
- Eric Bauza as Splinter
- Kat Graham as April O'Neil
- John Cena as Baron Draxum
- Maurice LaMarche as Meat Sweats
- ↑ Rob Paulsen Reveals Release Date for Rise of the TMNT
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Nickelodeon Reimagines the Iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in All-New Animated Series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Nickelodeon Group. Retrieved on March 13, 2017.
- ↑ Nickelodeon Announces Voice Cast of All-New Animated Series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved on November 2, 2017.