Spongebob is cleaning up the Krusty Krab, when a group of sharks, called the Sharks, see SpongeBob dancing to music while cleaning up the Krusty Krab. When SpongeBob comes out, the Sharks introduce themselves. Their names are Ronnie, Donnie, Lonnie, and Sharkface. They ask SpongeBob to join the Sharks. SpongeBob says yes. Then, the Sharks and SpongeBob drive around town. When a group of girls see them, they scream, and faint. Then, a fruit vendor dumps all his fruit on the Shark's car. The Sharks then drive to a club called the Howlin Marlin. The Howlin Marlin Bouncer tells them they are not allowed in the club. Then, the Shark's rival, the Pods come out. The two groups snarl at each other, until the police come and break up the argument. SpongeBob doesn't want to be part of the group anymore, because he fears that he will have to fight at the face off, so he goes home. At home, he finds a note left by the other Sharks, saying that they have abducted SpongeBob's pet, Gary. SpongeBob, scared that he may never see Gary again trains for the face off. He arrives at the face off just before it starts, but SpongeBob discovers that Squidward is part of the Pods. SpongeBob explains that he doesn't want to fight Squidward. Squidward tells SpongeBob that the two groups are in a dance-off. SpongeBob asks about the screaming girls. The Sharks say that the girls were fans. Then, he asks about the fruit vendor. The Sharks explain that the fruit vendor thinks they don't eat enough fruit. Then, SpongeBob asks about the Howling Marlin Bouncer. The Sharks then talk about Jonnie, who SpongeBob replaced. At the Howlin Marlin, Jonnie did a dance move, which resulted in the wrecking of the Howlin Marlin floor with his teeth. Then the dance-off begins. But then, the police arrive at the scene— only to join the dance. They dance until the Internal Affairs show up, who also attend the dance. Then, Mr. Krabs announces the Sharks as the winners. The episode ends with the Sharks and Pods jumping up.
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "Sanctuary!" The next day, it was paired with "What's Eating Patrick?"
- In the episode, there is a picture of the Hydro-dynamic Spatula from the episode, "Help Wanted."
- Similarly, on the ransom note, the word "The" is written in the same style as SpongeBob's essay in "Procrastination."
- Pods is a reference to the term "cephalopod," which, in modern taxonomy, is the Class in which octopi are classified into.
- SpongeBob's wig style in this episode looks very similar to the Drifter's.
- Running Gag: The Sharks crying over Jonnie.
- SpongeBob should've been able to get into Howlin Marlin becuse he's not a Shark. But he probably didn't go in because he's apart of the group, or he just didn't wanna go by himself.
- The title of this episode is similar to the name of the game, "Sharks vs. Minnows."
- This episode is likely based on the novel/movie "Outsiders" because of the repetitive mention of a 'showdown'. Also, the rivalry between The Sharks and The Pods could be a reference to The Greasers and The Socs.
- This episode could be based on the 1951 film West Side Story because of the rivalry between the two street gangs The Sharks and The Pods.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|