TeenNick is an American digital cable and satellite television channel formed from the merger of two former programming blocks for teenagers: TEENick on Nickelodeon and The N on Noggin. The channel features a mix of original programming, Nickelodeon-produced series, and acquired programs geared towards pre-teens and teenagers.
As of 2013, TeenNick is available to approximately 73,443,000 pay television households (64.31% of households with television) in the United States.
In July 2011, TeenNick began carrying programs originally filmed for high-definition broadcast in a letterboxed format, due to the absence of an HD simulcast feed of the channel. As all Nickelodeon-owned channels do, 16:9 content is carried in a stretched format to fill a 4:3 screen. All programs produced in SD are aired pillarboxed on high definition.
Origins as programming blocks (2001-2009)
TV channel (2009-present)
Longtime Nickelodeon personality Nick Cannon (declared in publicity materials as the "Chairman of TeenNick") had a presence on the network until 2020, along with new programming exclusive to the network. TeenNick's afterschool to primetime blocks have been divided into two distinct blocks:
- 3pm-9pm ET - Programming meant for early to mid teenage audiences (13-16), mainly older originals from The N era, and acquired sitcoms and other teen dramas.
- 9pm-10pm ET - Programming meant for older teen and young adult audiences (17 and up), including new episodes of TeenNick programming and acquired programming.
- 10pm-6am ET - Nicktoons from the 90s to early mid-2000s, including Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, and Rocket Power.
- → Main article: List of programs broadcast by TeenNick
- Official website
- YouTube channel
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Instagram page
- TeenNickstory Archives (wiki devoted to The N and TeenNick broadcast history)
|Nickelodeon Channelsv • t • e|
|Television||Nickelodeon • Nick Jr. Channel • TeenNick • NickToons • Nick at Nite (International) • NickMusic|