Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (formerly titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell) is an American live-action film, and a sequel to 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was released to cinemas in the USA on 3 June 2016. The film was directed by Dave Green and stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Laura Linney, Tyler Perry, Gary Anthony Williams, Sheamus and Stephen Amell.
Produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Michael Bay's production company, Platinum Dunes and distributed by Paramount Pictures, the film was released on June 3, 2016 in 3D and 4DX formats. The film has received mixed-to-negative reception and was only moderately successful.
- Megan Fox as April O' Neil
- Will Arnett as Vernon Fernwick
- Stephen Amell as Casey Jones
- Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman
- Laura Linney as Rebecca Vincent
- Pete Ploszek as Leonardo
- Alan Ritchson as Raphael
- Noel Fisher as Michelangelo
- Jeremy Howard as Donatello
- Gary Anthony Williams as Bebop
- Tony Shaloub as Splinter
- Stephen "Sheamus" Farrelley as Rocksteady
- Brad Garrett as Kraang
- Brian Tee as Shredder
- Brittany Ishibashi as Karai
- Director Dave Green is also known for directing the science fiction family film, Earth to Echo for Relativity Media.
- The original cartoon's theme song is heard at the end credits.
- Film's composer, Steve Joblonsky, has frequently collaborated with Michael Bay.
- The word "sh*t" is said at least twice in the film.
- Fourth film from Nickelodeon Movies to be rated PG-13, and the second in the TMNT film series.
- Johnny Knoxville, the original voice-over actor of Leonardo from the preceding film, didn't return for the sequel film.