"The Camping Episode" is the second half of the 57th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Squidward looks forward to a weekend of peace and quiet when SpongeBob and Patrick decide to go camping. However, he's disappointed to learn that they decided to camp in SpongeBob's front yard, right outside his window. After an Squidward decides to camp too, after he mistakenly gets the impression that SpongeBob and Patrick think he's somehow not manly or qualified enough to camp. When he's unable to set up his automated tent, he decides to sleep on the ground.
Then SpongeBob and Patrick eat marshmallows while Squidward goes to his house to get his can opener. However, he was stopped by them saying that it just doesn't feel right. So Squidward eats the marshmallow getting hit by Patrick's burned ones. SpongeBob then sings a song about camping. Squidward dislikes it and starts playing his clarinet really badly, but SpongeBob stops him, warning him that it might attract a sea-bear. Squidward attempts to disprove sea-bears' existence by doing all the things that supposedly would attract a sea-bear, such as cheese cubes, hoop skirts, flashlights, and clown shoes. Sure enough, though, he is eventually attacked by a sea-bear. SpongeBob and Patrick make an "anti-sea-bear circle", of which Squidward is also skeptical. After being attacked several times, he attempts to make a circle, but after he has trouble doing so, he jumps into SpongeBob and Patrick's circle where he is not attacked. Unfortunately, a sea-rhinoceros, which is attracted by the sound of the sea-bear attacks, appears and grunts at Squidward, who is not wearing his anti sea-rhinoceros undergarments.
- "The Campfire Song Song"
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge for Hire
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 3rd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- The episode was originally going to be titled "Squid Gets Mauled", but was later changed to The Camping Episode for the title being too violent.
- Patrick is revealed to be left-handed.
- The audio for the Campfire Song was used in DirecTV KIDSMix.
- In the episode "Idiot Box", Squidward finds a sombrero when he looks for a box and says: "Why haven't I worn this yet?" Later, in "The Camping Episode" Squidward wears his sombrero.
- In that episode in Hebrew, in "The Campfire song" song they sing it "ש-י-ר ה-מ-ח-נ-E. שיר המחנה" which means "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G, the campfire song" instead of "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song"
- The song Squidward tries to play on his clarinet is "Red River Valley", but the captions say that he was playing "Michael".
- Part of this episode's audio was used in the Family Guy episode "Road to Rupert", in which Peter Griffin listens to the "Campfire Song Song". However, the animation was redone to show just SpongeBob and Patrick dancing with their instruments while singing.
- On Squidward's calendar, his drawings of Patrick and SpongeBob do not have clothes on.
- This episode and "Krabby Land" were the last episodes where the closed captions were placed ahead of the lines being said in the episodes.
- The article I married a sea bear is a parody of the film I Married A Monster from Outer Space
- Squidward's calendar claims to be May 25 on Saturday. This would indicate that this episode takes place in the year 2002.
- Encyclopedia SpongeBobia: The Camping Episode
- "The Camping Episode" at TV.com
- "The Camping Episode" at the Internet Movie Database
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Camping Episode. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|