The Casagrandes (originally titled Los Casagrandes) is a spin-off series of The Loud House, which was confirmed by Nickelodeon on March 6, 2018. The spinoff was greenlit to series on July 2, 2018, and premiered on October 14, 2019.
Following the events of The Loud House episode "The Loudest Mission: Relative Chaos", The Casagrandes deals with Ronnie Anne and Bobby Santiago adjust to their new life in Great Lakes City, where they now live with their big, loving and chaotic multi-generational family, the Casagrandes, to have their better lives. In the series, Ronnie Anne will make new friends, build stronger bonds with her relatives and explore the endless possibilities city life has to offer. Bobby will help Grandpa Hector run the family’s corner store, and becomes familiar with the neighborhood’s quirky characters.
The series' full cast was announced on May 7, 2019.
On March 6, 2018, it was announced that Nickelodeon was developing a spinoff of The Loud House under the working title of Los Casagrandes.
On July 2, 2018, it was announced that Nickelodeon officially green-lit the comedy series with a 20-episode order.
On February 14, 2019, it was announced that the spin-off, now retitled The Casagrandes, would premiere in October 2019.
On May 7, 2019, it was announced that Eugenio Derbez, Ken Jeong, Melissa Joan Hart, Leah Mei Gold, and Lexi Sexton joined the voice cast. Mike Rubiner serves as executive producer, while Karen Malach serves as producer.
On September 4, 2019, it was announced that the series would premiere on October 14, 2019. The series is produced by Nickelodeon.
On September 24, 2020, it was announced that the series was already renewed for a third season ahead of the second season premiere, and that the second season would begin airing on October 9th.
- → Main article: List of The Loud House characters
- → Main article: The Casagrandes episode list
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||20||October 14, 2019||November 25, 2020|
|2||20||October 9, 2020||TBA|
Home video releases
The series' first season was released on DVD on February 2, 2021.
A podcast starring the show's characters, The Casagrandes Familia Sounds, was launched in December 2019.
Papercutz, the publisher of The Loud House graphic novels, will begin publishing Casagrandes graphic novels in May 2021. Scholastic will also start publishing Casagrandes chapter books in October 2021.
The show won the 2020 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title for an Animated Program.
- The first five episodes premiered as the first five episodes in the fourth season of The Loud House.
- The English translation of the show's title ("The Big House"), as well as the original logo, are pretty much variants of the sister show’s.
- There is no sure proof that rather this show was created by Chris Savino (who created The Loud House) since he was fired from Nickelodeon in October 2017 for sexual abuse against at least 12 female voice actors.
- Denise Petski (July 2, 2018). Nickelodeon Greenlights The Loud House Spinoff Los Casagrandes. Deadline Hollywood.
- Business Wire: Nickelodeon Embarks on New Direction with Its Biggest, Most Wide-Ranging Content Slate Ever
- Business Wire: Nickelodeon Developing Los Casagrandes, New Companion Series
- Melissa Joan Hart, Ken Jeong, and Eugenio Derbez join Nickelodeon's The Casagrandes
- The Futon Critic: Nickelodeon Renews Some of Its Biggest Franchises and Hit Series for the 2020-21 Season
- Deadline: 'The Casagrandes' Gets Early Season 3 Renewal By Nickelodeon
- The Loud House Encyclopedia: The Casagrandes
- Wikipedia: The Casagrandes
- Nickstory Archives: The Casagrandes
- NickToonstory Archives: The Casagrandes