After four days in Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob and Patrick are still silently waiting for the jellyfish to move. Finally, they swim away, and the chase is on! The plan is for SpongeBob to take one side, and Patrick then takes the other. But, as both approach the jellyfish, they end up colliding, letting the jellyfish escape.
They continue chasing the jellyfish. They don't watch where they are going and accidentally fall off a cliff, falling way down to a county-like village and land on a port-a-potty. Many of the trench billies gang up on SpongeBob and Patrick and capture them with a rope. They take them to Ma Angler, who says that they are "awful purdy." Ma Angler orders them to an initiation. SpongeBob and Patrick question them and Ma Angler sentences them to a series of challenges, being: a banjo contest, "hootin' and hollerin'" contest, and a wrestling match. SpongeBob and Patrick win the first two competitions but decline to the wrestling match, claiming that "they don't like to wrestle." Ma Angler is surprised and asks them what they like to do for fun. SpongeBob claims that they like to jellyfish. They show the trench billies how to jellyfish and collide, once again. Ma Angler enjoys this. The trench billies laugh at them and call them dumb. Ma Angler certifies them as official honorary trench billies and gives them novelty teeth. SpongeBob gives a short speech and attempts to leave, however, they are stopped by a group of trench billies. One of the trench billies says that they have to take care of Ma Angler for the rest of their lives. SpongeBob and Patrick try to convince them to let them leave but the trench billies won't let them. Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs and Squidward lightly chat, SpongeBob and Patrick burst through the door and the trench billies follow them. The trench billies destroy the Krusty Krab out of anger. Mr. Krabs nervously asks them for their orders, they all order something to eat. Mr. Krabs says that Ma Angler, who is eating a lot of Krabby Patties, will make Customer of the Week. One of the trench billies sees Mr. Krabs making "goo-goo eyes at the Ma Angler" and as the episode ends, Mr. Krabs is forced to get "hitched" (married) to Ma Angler.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- This was set to premiere on January 28, 2011, but it was released a day later.
- This originally was supposed to be paired up with "The Main Drain", but the episode became paired up with "Sponge-Cano!" instead.
- Running Gags: Cletus poking people with the pitchfork: and someone saying "It's now or never".
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are in a "musical challenge" is a parody of the famous banjo scene from Deliverance.
- The instrument that Patrick plays in the challenge is actually the sound of a jaw harp.
- The trench billies in this episode do not have pupils due to that fact that they strike a resemblance to the angler fish which lives deep into the ocean and doesn't see along with no pupils hence the trench billies having no pupils. However, the trench billies in "The Good Krabby Name" do have pupils.
- This is one of the rare episodes where Squidward cares about the Krusty Krab customers (since he's complaining that Mr. Krabs didn't give the customer his money back).
- If this story is true, then this episode reveals that Patrick has better eyesight than SpongeBob.
- The name Trenchbilly is a parody of a Hillbilly.
- The episode's name may be a parody of the Adult Swim show, Squidbillies.
- Another similarity is that Ma Angler is like Rusty's mother in Squidbillies in that they are both extremely fat and cannot move from one place to another on their own.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|