- "I defy you, Heart-man!"
- ―Patrick to the fish in the heart costume
"Valentine's Day" is the first segment of the 16th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, and also, as the title suggests, the series' Valentine's Day episode.
It is Valentine's Day, and SpongeBob is giving out Valentine's Day cards to everyone (even Plankton). He tells Patrick that he has the best present ever. It is a hot-air balloon made out of chocolate, but he doesn't tell Patrick. Sandy's going to bring it to Patrick when they go to the top of the ferris wheel, but when they do get to the top, it isn't there. Sandy tells SpongeBob via walkie-talkie that the chocolate-eating scallops are attacking the balloon and she's way off course. Patrick, of course, is so excited that he starts to shake up and down, causing the ferris wheel to shake repeatedly. SpongeBob has to tell him that the present is a handshake, which Patrick isn't too happy about.
As time passes, Patrick seems to have gotten over the disappointment, but he gets angry when several other fish come by while thanking SpongeBob for the Valentine gifts he gave them. Patrick gets enraged and starts wrecking everything that he can. He then advances on the people at the dock, while saying "It's too late... for ALL of you," and plans on destroying everyone, including SpongeBob. Before he gets the chance to do so, Sandy arrives. They all tell him to turn around, but he refuses until Sandy shouts "Howdy, Patrick!" He turns around to greet her, at which point he finally sees the chocolate balloon SpongeBob had for him, gets excited, then takes a bite of his present, causing the whole carnival to be covered in chocolate. Smiling at SpongeBob and completely got over his anger, Patrick says, "Aww, SpongeBob, you didn't have to get me anything."
- This episode and its partner episode, "The Paper", only tend to air in the United States on or around Valentine's Day. However, "The Paper" was broadcast in a Nonstop Five at Five in August 2008.
- This is the first episode that received complaints about preaching.
- In the Dutch version of this episode, when the guy asks Patrick for the time, Patrick tells him the time (3:15 PM) instead of saying "Patrick needs love, too!"
- When SpongeBob blew a chocolate Valentine to Sandy, Sandy's helmet has an opening that runs the valentine to her. However, when it opens, no water was seen running through it. The same mistake occurred again in "Wormy", but instead of a water helmet in Sandy's, it was the jar with Wormy flying into it.
- When a scallop takes a bite out of the chocolate balloon, it is filled with air. But when Patrick takes a bite out of it, it is filled with chocolate, which splatters all over the place.
- Patrick goes crazy when all he gets is a handshake, however he doesn't give SpongeBob anything. A reason why Sandy didn't care for getting a bubble is that she's more mature.
- When Sandy is on the chocolate balloon her tail is missing and her suit seems to be smaller.
- The scene where Patrick gets angry and goes on a rampage was spoofed in the Ed, Edd 'n Eddy episode "Little Ed Blue" where Ed does the same thing but in a playground other than an amusement park.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bash
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Tales from the Deep
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Valentine's Day (SpongeBob SquarePants). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|