"Whale of a Birthday" is the first segment of the 71st episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Pearl Krabs has had 15 horrible birthday parties, and her 16th birthday is just one day away. Her father, Eugene H. Krabs, is forced to give Pearl the best birthday ever, or else Pearl's high school reputation will collapse, she will have to drop out to avoid embarrassment, she will not go off to college, she will never leave home, and Mr. Krabs will have to support Pearl for the rest of her life.
While Mr. Krabs works on the party, SpongeBob SquarePants is assigned the task of figuring out what Pearl would like for a present. Mr. Krabs gives him his credit card, so that if something Pearl wants should be bought, it can be bought with any credit card. So SpongeBob trails Pearl and her friends through the Bikini Bottom mall and takes note of everything she wants. However, he uses Mr. Krabs' credit card to buy Pearl's gifts, so that Pearl's party shouldn't be a disaster and that Pearl will get all she wants.
Once Pearl arrives at her party with her friends, she is happy to find that her dad's miserly ways have not won out. The popcorn is fresh, the drinks are grape soda, Pearl's ice sculpture is made out of 400 pounds of ice, the cake is chocolate and frosting, and even Boys Who Cry appear. For the first time, what is supposed to be the most fun and fabulous event has ended up fun and fabulous, and she will not be secluded for the rest of her life. It looks like Pearl's birthday will go down in history as the best one ever, and SpongeBob shows up with a truck-load of presents. Everything Pearl has looked at in the mall has been so Coral (which means cool) that SpongeBob has bought it all - maxing out Mr. Krabs' credit card in the process.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Whale of a Birthday
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 4th Season
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs' credit card number is 000123587, and it is a MasterCarp card, a take-off on MasterCard.
- Mr. Krabs might have well over one million dollars on his credit card which indicate that he is a millionaire because:
- The Boys Who Cry band charges "one million dollars" just to show up. However, Squidward was sarcistic and might have made it up.
- SpongeBob spent over 1,200 dollars while shopping for Pearl.
- This also can mean that all of Mr. Krabs' money is on its credit card, according to Clams (Mr. Krabs earned his millionth dollar in that episode.).
- Oddly, Mr. Krabs has a credit card, but doesn't have a bank, as revealed in "The Lost Mattress"
- This was the fourth time SpongeBob has dressed in women's clothing as a cartoon gag.
- SpongeBob makes a reference to Angelina Jolie's relationship to Brad Pitt when overhearing Pearl's conversation. Pearl mentions two students at her school with those names. SpongeBob picks it up, making note that "Angela likes Brad". However, a mistake is sometimes it is referenced to "Angela likes bread."
- Even though Billy Fishkins is in this episode, there are two conflicts regarding him: First, Pearl mentions his name as Billy Fishkin and he is blue in color and has black hair that is quiffed up rather than his brown hair in a large afro style in "The Chaperone". Both of them went to Pearls birthday.
- The word "coral" is used through the episode, yet in "Mid-Life Crustacean", Pearl called a friend and said that "coral" was out after Mr. Krabs tried saying it.
- This episode is similar to the MTV show My Super Sweet Sixteen.
- The group, Boys Who Cry, could spoof the popular boy band, Backstreet Boys. The band's name parodies Boys Don't Cry.
- During the first performance of Birthday Girl, if you look closely, you can see Brian Flounder from "The Chaperone" in the audience. This is the first time he has even been in an episode since "The Chaperone". He can also be seen during Boys Who Cry's second performance of Birthday Girl, after the three girls faint.
- In this episode, when Pearl runs out of her school, right directly across from her school, is the Krusty Krab, when in most episodes, right directly across from the Krusty Krab is Plankton's unsuccessful restaurant, the Chum Bucket.
- Mr. Krabs got bubble wrap for the party favors. He also got Boys Who Cry to sing songs at the party, got a "Happy Birthday Pearl!" banner and made a chocolate cake with icing.
- In the mall, Mystery the Seahorse from "My Pretty Seahorse" can be seen in the pet store, but she is smaller and referred to as a Seapony.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Whale of a Birthday. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|